Tell me about the campaign
ConnectRight is the public face of the National Misconnections Strategy Group. It’s a partnership of organisations who are working to reduce water pollution from drains and sewers.
Misconnected drains can pollute local streams, rivers and beaches, damage wildlife and put our health at risk. We will work to reduce the number of misconnected properties in the UK and address other types of pollution from sewers and drains.
The campaign aims to reduce water pollution by:
- raising awareness and understanding of/about misconnections, sewers and drains and the environmental problems that they cause
- helping property owners and professionals to check drainage connections and take action
- ensuring new drainage is connected right
- helping to develop and support effective practice, policy and regulation
- sharing information and evidence about the problem and supporting research and development of long term solutions
Find out where water companies operate water companies map
- Anglian Water supply water and water recycling services to more than six million domestic and business customers in the east of England and Hartlepool. The operating region stretches from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to Lowestoft on the east coast.
PO Box 10642, Harlow, CM20 9HA
08457 91 91 55
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) is the professional body for the UK plumbing and heating industry. It has a membership of around 8,000 including approximately 175 Industrial associates. CIPHE is a member of the Construction Industry Council and a licensed member of the Engineering Council (UK) 64 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6NB, United Kingdom
- The Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) represents water and sewerage consumers in England and Wales to make sure that consumers’ collective voice is heard in the national water debate. CCWater also take up consumers’ complaints if they failed to resolve issues with their water companies.
Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4AJ
0121 345 1000
- Defra are the UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on environmental, food and rural issues. Defra’s stated priorities are to grow the rural economy, improve the environment and safeguard animal and plant health.
Nobel House, 17 Smith Square, London, SW1P 3JR
08459 33 55 77
- Dwr Cymru-Welsh Water is the sixth largest of the ten regulated water and sewerage companies in England and Wales providing water and sewerage services for around 1.3 million customers.
Pentwyn Road, Nelson, Treharris, Mid Glamorgan CF466LY.
Sewerage services and emergencies
0800 085 3968
- The Environment Agency is a non-governmental body responsible to the secretary of state for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. It protects homes from floods and provides flood warning, keeps rivers and beaches clean for recreation and wildlife and influences or prosecutes polluters. It licences the amount of water taken out of rivers and ensures there is enough for both human consumption and wildlife. It also regulates the waste management and nuclear energy industries.
National Customer Contact Centre PO Box 544 Rotherham S60 1BY
03708 506 506
- LABC (Local Authority Building Control) are a membership organisation representing all local authority building control departments in England and Wales; we are a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting public sector expertise.
66 South Lambeth Road, London, SW8 1RL
020 7091 6860
- Natural Resources Wales brings together the work of the Countryside Council for Wales, Environment Agency Wales and Forestry Commission Wales, as well as some functions of Welsh Government. Our purpose is to ensure that the natural resources of Wales are sustainably maintained, enhanced and used, now & in the future.
Tŷ Cambria 29 Newport Road Cardiff CF24 0TP
0300 065 3000
- Northumbrian Water Ltd (NWL) provides water and sewerage services for 2.6 million people in the north east of England under the brand name Northumbrian Water and water services for 1.8 million in the south east under the brand name Essex & Suffolk Water.
Abbey Road Pity Me Durham DH1 5FJ
0845 604 7468
- Scottish Water is a statutory corporation that provides water and sewerage services to over 2 million households in Scotland. It is accountable to the public through the Scottish Government. Castle House 6 Castle Drive Carnegie Campus Dunfermline KY11 8GG
0845 601 8855
Severn Trent Water is part of the Severn Trent Group of companies and is the world’s fourth largest privately-owned water company. They supply water services to over 8 million customers across a large area from the Bristol Channel to the Humber and from mid Wales to the East Midlands.
PO Box 5310,Coventry,CV3 9FJ Water and sewer records
08456 016 616
- Southern Water is the utility responsible for wastewater collection and treatment in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent with water supply and distribution in the approximately half of this area. Some areas within the Southern Water region are supplied by a number of smaller water supply companies.
Southern House, Yeoman Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3NX. Water and waste water enquiries
0330 303 0368
- South West Water is part of Pennon Group plc. We provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall and Devon and in small areas of Dorset and Somerset.
PO Box 4762, Worthing, BN11 9NT
0844 346 1010
- United Utilities provides water and sewage services to around seven million people in North West England from Cumbria to Cheshire.
United Utilities Group PLC 2014, Haweswater House, Lingley Mere Business Park, Lingley Green Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA5 3LP.
Water and wastewater enquiries emergencies (24-hour) including water supply problems, poor pressure, discoloured water, drains and sewers 03456723723
Water UK represents all major UK water and wastewater service suppliers at national and European level. We provide a positive framework for the water industry to engage with government, regulators, stakeholder organisations and the public.
Water UK, 3rd Floor, 36 Broadway, Westminster, London SW1H 0BH
020 7344 1844
- Wessex Water are the regional water and sewage treatment business serving Dorset, Somerset, Bristol, most of Wiltshire and parts of Gloucestershire and Hampshire.
Operational and general enquiries about water and sewerage services including emergencies 0845 600 4 600 Sewage Floodline 0845 850 5959 (24 hours)
Wessex Water Services Ltd, Claverton Down Road, Claverton Down, Bath, England BA2 7WW
Yorkshire Water serves a population of approximately 5 million people and around 130,000 businesses from Whitby in the north, Chesterfield in south Derbyshire, Bridlington on the east coast and Ingleton in the west. The company supplies 1.3 billion litres of drinking water daily and collects, treats and returns almost 1 billion litres of waste water safely back into the environment.
Customer Helpline number is 0845 1 24 24 24
PO Box 52, Bradford, BD3 7YD
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has responsibility for food, farming, environmental, fisheries, forestry and sustainability policy and the development of the rural sector in Northern Ireland. The Department assists the sustainable development of the agri-food, environmental, fishing and forestry sectors of the Northern Ireland economy, having regard for the needs of the consumers, the protection of human, animal and plant health, the welfare of animals and the conservation and enhancement of the environment.
www.daera-ni.gov.uk NIEA general enquiries - 0300 200 7856